Today we have released update 1.2.1 for the Spitfire, which includes numerous systems improvements, greatly enhanced start-up audio and a fix for the dreaded cockpit light leaking!
- Reverted fuel pump to OFF during cold start
- Set default pilot to WWII
- Improved fuel valve logic. The fuel valve can now be toggled with the Toggle Engine 1 Fuel Valve keybind.
- GNS430 can now be powered on/off with the COM1 volume button
- Improved the rudder trim wheel interaction speed
- Fixed radiator flap not responding to manual override
- Fixed clock animation
- Halved the speed of icing
- Improved the baro knob
- Wobble pump logic improved
- Added aileron trim control to tablets settings. Be sure to TURN OFF 'Auto Rudder' in the assistance settings as this is causing major right roll.
- Base oil temperature slightly decreased
- Optimized primer animation and interaction code
- Canopy slide auto-shuts under a steeper angle now, making it easier to open on approach.
- Transponder digit rolls corrected
- Fixed checklists by removing incorrect idle/cutoff reference
- Fixed CTD when saving custom camera views
- Slightly tweaked performance to compensate for SU9 changes (slightly lowered thrust at take-off)
- Reduced wheel brake power
- Engine starter whine sound re-added
- New engine booster sound added
- Added startup pops and backfires
- Added prop sound when engine is turned off
- Engine shutdown timing with sound improved
- Improved groundroll and propwash transitions
- General rebalancing
- Greatly improved the cockpit shadows and eliminated almost all light leaking
- Modified clock arms to more accurately reflect the real gauge
Alex, Dan & Rai
Fantastic work guys n gals. Dont know where you would even start to make these planes as amazing ad you have. Only one thing from me is that when the canopy is closed the engine is very quiet. I would like to hear the engine more with the canopy closed. Keep up the great work
Thank you guys so much for your great work on these Aircraft. Theres just somthing about these old war planes that just bring a smile to my face. I really appreciate the much more realistic startup time and process now as i know these birds can be a real bear to get fired up. The only criticism that i would mention that would be really awsome if yall could fix is the engine sound inside the cockpit with the canopy closed. it is very low compared to the actual aircraft.Metro187…..
I know that thier is some that dont like to hear the roar but this is realistic it was very loud inside the cockpit and if yall could adjust it to be just alittle lower then when the canopy is open that would be about PERFECT. I know thier are some that will complain about the engine being to loud but they can always adjust that down within the sim. we cannot adjust it up. And im sure most all of the warbird fans out here will agree that the loud sound is part of the bird its like the growling from a predator before the attack. Anyways Thanks again for putting out such high quality works of art.
Love this plane!
This has been my go-to for awhile. I appreciate every update y’all put out for it, and can’t wait for the Bf109G and the FW190A.
Hope you know I am a big fan, and look forward to updates and the next aircraft!
I love this plane; I can’t imagine any other tweaks or improvements needed with the exception of the ability of firing the guns. The mock weaponry of the Milviz Corsair is a nice feature to immerse one’s self into the WW2 element of these planes. Great content here, BTW release date on the hellcat yet?
Leave a comment