Our latest Spitfire L.F Mk IXc update for MSFS is now available!
Hotfix 2 includes various Flight Model fixes and improvements, XML fixes & other general file fixes.
- Fixes adverse SU5 impacts to the flight model
- Accurate zero-drag coefficient (factory data) ... translates into correct top speeds
- Improved drag on flaps as well as gear
- Induced drag tuned
- CG completely redone using factory data
- Pilot weight now 215 lb (170lb pilot + parachute + dinghy)
- Verified and tuned stall speeds (full tanks with clean and landing configs)
- Tuned p-factor / torque for a natural takeoff that can match the original POH (full right rudder trim, 1 notch down with boost 9 or no trim at a more gentle boost)
- Fine tuned roll rates at various speeds
- Tuned turn rate
- Adjusted elevator setup based on pilot accounts...now requires a tiny bit of DOWN trim to fly straight. Also take off with 1 notch DOWN trim, as per POH. This makes it easier to lift the tail around 50-60mph.
- Elevator trim much easier and more stable during flight.
- Engine and propeller adjustments to counter for a bug/change in SU5 that handicaps the RPM authority at altitude
Hotfix 2 comes with all necessary files for the aircraft. Be sure to remove the flyingiron-spitfire folder from your Community folder, then add the new Hotfix 2 flyingiron-spitfire folder.
If you're unsure how to install the aircraft, please follow the instructions found here: https://flyingironsimulations.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/51000209363-installing-an-addon
Please note: it may take a few hours before you receive your update email. You can download the aircraft straight from our website, as explained here: https://flyingironsimulations.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/51000211125-downloading-your-aircraft
We will see you in the skies!
Alex & Dan