The Messer. The Knife.
A true master of the skies; feared by her opponents and respected by all. The Bf 109G-6 represents the pinnacle of German aviation and holds its place in history as one of the deadliest & most fearsome fighters ever made. Holding the record for the most produced fighter aircraft of all time, the Bf 109 made up 47% of German aircraft production during WWII and scored more aerial victories than any other aircraft of the war.
Step into the cockpit of this historical masterpiece; recreated with our most detailed & authentic simulation effort yet. Thousands of man hours have been poured into the project by our team, with new simulation techniques developed in-house to truly capture the unique characteristics of this beautiful aircraft.
- Lovingly detailed, AAA quality 3D Artwork with 10 liveries included.
- Immersive Wwise Soundscape; including our most detailed engine sound capture yet – hear the unique scream of the Daimler-Benz DB 605A from all angles with not one, but FOUR unique engine captures (3 external + cockpit). Buzz the tower with the brilliant FlyingIron Flyby sound technology.
- Incredibly authentic Flight Modelling – we have been collaborating for almost a year with 109 pilots, DB 605A experts & technicians to develop a truly realistic model of the airframe & engine flight dynamics. The flight & engine models have been exhaustively tested by a team of experts to validate flight performance & behaviours. The flight model includes multiple custom-coded additions to extend realism beyond what’s possible in the base simulator.
- Extensive, faithful recreation of the Bf 109’s multiple systems – powered by our custom codebase to ensure each aspect of system simulation is faithfully recreated & futureproof against Sim updates. This includes extensive modelling of fuel & hydraulic systems, emergency systems and much more. Even the J30BZ Chronograph is simulated!
- Detailed modelling of the DB 605A-1 V-12 engine – we have made exhaustive efforts to recreate every facet of this beautiful engine. Our engine model uses custom thermodynamics & engine physics developed in-house over several years and refined for the Bf 109. Oil temperature, pressure & viscosity are among the many features accurately simulated – which means that failures are possible too!
- All-new electrical modelling captures every detail in the electrical system, down to the smallest bulb. Electrical failures & circuit breakers are present and fully functional.
- Custom ground handling physics & landing gear models developed for the 109 to capture the unique ground handling & landing gear system. The landing gear can be damaged & collapsed; be sure to watch those landings and read up on emergency procedures!
- Beautiful UV cockpit lighting - each light is individually designed and each casting real ambient light for a breathtaking night flight experience.
- Experience true immersion with dynamic cockpit vibrations, animated fuel line bubbles, a functional gunsight and much more!
- Full integration of the FlyingIron Pilot’s Tablet – which includes UX features such as Autopilot, various aircraft options, realism settings, data monitoring, weight & balance page and much more. All tablet settings are saved & persistent, so you can set & forget!